storm-user mailing list archives

From Jonas Krauß <jkraus...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift Access Logger - How to set log level in local mode?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 10:47:01 GMT
Hello,

I am developing a Trident topology and trying to figure out how to disable logging for the
ThriftAccessLogger. Problem is that this logger logs lots of lines like this:

	[Thread-18-spout-test-executor[7 7]] INFO  o.a.s.l.ThriftAccessLogger - Request ID: 2 access
from:  principal:  operation: fetchRequest

It makes debugging impossible because we are talking of thousands of lines here. I tried different
things to get rid of these messages, however none worked.

So far I tried setting topology debug log level to false like conf.setDebug(false);

Also tried configuring a local cluster.xml with logging level warn for the ThriftAccessLogger
like this:

<loggers>
    <Logger name="org.apache.storm.logging.ThriftAccessLogger" level="warn" additivity="false">
        <AppenderRef ref="THRIFT-ACCESS"/>
        <AppenderRef ref="syslog"/>
    </Logger>
    <root level="info"> <!-- We log everything -->
        <appender-ref ref="A1"/>
        <appender-ref ref="syslog"/>
    </root>
</loggers>

Still these messages persist. I also read through the storm documentation, tried stackoverflow,
google search etc. unfortunately I cannot find an answer to this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Greetings

Jonas