storm-user mailing list archives

From Priyank Shah <ps...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Debugging tuples being replayed despite acks
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 17:32:10 GMT
You mentioned that you are making sure that its acking everything in first bolt. Is there any
other bolt downstream that could be failing the tuples?

From: Jason Kania
Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM
To: User
Subject: Debugging tuples being replayed despite acks

Hello,

I would appreciate any suggestions as nobody seems to have answered my previous requests for
assistance.

I am currently using 0.10.0 and am having serious difficulties. I am unable to upgrade at
present and have looked for any bugs on this issue with no luck.

I am trying to figure out why acked tuples keep getting replayed. These tuples have been acked
previously but just in case something in the topology was wrong, I am now automatically acking
everything in the first bolt and yet I keep getting them replayed. I tried putting a breakpoint
in the Kafka Spout and can see that nextTuple() is hit but the ack() method of KafkSpout is
never reached.

I would try debugging into clojure but have had no luck doing so and cannot seem to find a
path to make that successful.

Any suggestions on any front at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason