storm-user mailing list archives

From Chen Junfeng <k-2f...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: Storm UI metrics data is cleared sometimes
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:06:43 GMT
Thanks, Jungtaek.

And do you have any good suggestion to measure the performance or data volume of processed
data in long term without influencing the performance ?

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用

发件人: Jungtaek Lim<mailto:kabhwan@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2016年7月31日 14:44
收件人: user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>
主题: Re: Storm UI metrics data is cleared sometimes

Hi Chen,

Storm's built-in metrics are actually task heartbeat stored at ZK, and these values are calculated
from each task and task writes them to ZK via replacing (I mean overwrite).
If worker is killed and restarted, all metrics for tasks in worker are reset to 0, and it
overwrites previous values when first heartbeat from that worker is made
This is a limitation of current metrics since we don't store it to any storages or centralized
in-memory. We'd like to address it.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016? 7? 28? (?) ?? 3:58, Chen Junfeng <k-2feng@hotmail.com<mailto:k-2feng@hotmail.com>>??
??:
Hi buddies,

I find the storm ui statistic data will be cleared automatically after running for a while.
Some emitted and transferred counts are reset to zero while some components are not.
Did anyone meet the same problem?