Hi Joaquin,

If you want to fix config file jar in topology submission time, you might want to take a look at STORM-2016.
It's in reviewing (already got some +1s) and will eventually be available. (hoping that it can be shipped to 1.1.0)

If you want to read config file jar in topology runtime (and read updated jar on demand), you could use BlobStore API which is available from Storm 1.0.0. Note that it will be treated as normal file, not one of classpath entries, so you need to handle it manually.

Please let me know if you have questions regarding above.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016년 8월 18일 (목) 오전 6:56, Joaquin Menchaca <jmenchaca@gobalto.com>님이 작성:
Hi.

I was looking for ideas for state management of configuration for data sources and tenants.  We pull for customer databases, may have dev/prod/etc environments, and JARs represents version of data source (15.4 vs. 16.3 schemas).

Currently, they are storing data sources in a config file in the JAR, but I was wondering if such run-time state (data sources) should be outside the JAR.

Any suggestions? How do you do it at your company?

--

是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。