We are using 1.0.1 in production.

- Rahul

From: saiprasad mishra <saiprasadmishra@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 1:28 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <user@storm.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [SURVEY] What version of Storm are you using?

@Walmart E-Commerce

Upgraded one of our cluster from 0.10 to 1.0.1 a month back and running successfully without any issues. Its worth all the time spent on the upgrade as the new features are awesome for debugging and for everybody.

Another critical cluster is already upgraded from 0.9.4 to 1.0.1 and will be live soon in matter of days.

Upgrade was very straight forward as most of the changes are in pom.xml and we mainly use the storm-kafka spout with kafka 0.9.X client libs and kafka 0.9.X brokers.

1) Only blocker was log4j2 change as mentioned above. We were using scribe-logback for logging.

So we ended up creating our own scribe log4j2 custom appender which was anyway needed for any type of applications within our team.

2) One issue which we are facing right now is killing the topology from cli some times does not kill the worker in 1.0.1 though the UI says KILLED.Though there is a workaround for this(like clearing nimbus state by hand) but still looking for a clean solution(considering to go to 1.0.2 for this plus other stability fixes it has). I saw couple of JIRAs but not sure whether those made it 1.0.2

Overall +1 for storm 1.0.x upgrade. Lot of useful features which makes everybody's life easier especially ops team.

Regards

Sai