storm-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storm Bug? Cannot connect to cluster
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 23:36:07 GMT
I don't think it's a bug on your part. I tested it and found that if only nimbus.seed is set,
the 'storm list' command will attempt to connect with localhost.

-Taylor

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 6:16 PM, Joaquin Menchaca <jmenchaca@gobalto.com> wrote:
> 
> It might be a bug on my part, trying a test, office Internet is slooow, so have to step
outside of office to do the test... 
> 
> - joaquin
> 
> PS - Not on the topic of writing bugs... how could I file bugs myself?  I wanted to make
a PR for some doc bugs, but don't quite know how to PR at a particular tag...  
> 
>> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:43 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a bug. The `storm list` command implementation doesn’t understand the “nimbus.seeds”
configuration setting.
>> 
>> Can you try the following?
>> 
>> Add a nimbus.host entry in your storm.yaml file with ONE of your nimbus hostnames.
>> 
>> Let me know if that works, and I’ll file a JIRA to get this fixed.
>> 
>> -Taylor
>> 
>> 
>>> On Oct 6, 2016, at 3:31 PM, Joaquin Menchaca <jmenchaca@gobalto.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>> I don't get it, it seems to pick up the correct configuration... but then ignores
the nimbus.seeds and users localhost.
>>> 
>>> # cat /templates/storm.yaml 
>>> storm.zookeeper.servers:
>>>     - "ip-10-110-20-8.us-west-2.compute.internal"
>>> 
>>> nimbus.seeds: ["ip-10-110-20-7.us-west-2.compute.internal", "ip-10-110-20-146.us-west-2.compute.internal"]
>>> 
>>> # storm --config /templates/storm.yaml list
>>> Running: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/bin/java -client -Ddaemon.name= -Dstorm.options=
-Dstorm.home=/usr/share/storm -Dstorm.log.dir=/usr/share/storm/logs -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib:/opt/local/lib:/usr/lib
-Dstorm.conf.file=/templates/storm.yaml -cp /usr/share/storm/lib/asm-4.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.1.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-core-2.1.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/kryo-2.21.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/servlet-api-2.5.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-over-slf4j-1.6.6.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/slf4j-api-1.7.7.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/clojure-1.6.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/storm-core-0.10.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/reflectasm-1.07-shaded.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/hadoop-auth-2.4.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-api-2.1.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/minlog-1.2.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/disruptor-2.10.4.jar:/templates:/usr/share/storm/bin
backtype.storm.command.list
>>> ...
>>> 2264 [main] INFO  b.s.thrift - Connecting to Nimbus at localhost:6627 as user:

>>> ...
>>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>> ...
>>> 
>>>> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:15 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>> For some reason it is trying to connect to localhost:
>>>> 
>>>> 2293 [main] INFO  b.s.thrift - Connecting to Nimbus at localhost:6627 as
user:
>>>> 
>>>> Do you have a ls ~/.storm/storm.yaml file that might be getting picked up?
>>>> 
>>>> What are the contents of the storm.yaml you are using in your commands?
>>>> 
>>>> -Taylor
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>> On Oct 6, 2016, at 2:45 PM, Joaquin Menchaca <jmenchaca@gobalto.com>
wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> I have only the nimbus.seeds configured, do I need anything else configured
to get his to work?
>>>>> 
>>>>> $ storm --config /templates/storm.yaml localconfvalue nimbus.seeds
>>>>> nimbus.seeds: [ip-10-110-20-7.us-west-2.compute.internal ip-10-110-20-146.us-west-2.compute.internal]
>>>>> 
>>>>> $ nc -vz ip-10-110-20-7.us-west-2.compute.internal 6627           
>>>>> Connection to ip-10-110-20-7.us-west-2.compute.internal 6627 port [tcp/*]
succeeded!
>>>>> $ nc -vz ip-10-110-20-146.us-west-2.compute.internal 6627
>>>>> Connection to ip-10-110-20-146.us-west-2.compute.internal 6627 port [tcp/*]
succeeded!
>>>>> 
>>>>> $ storm --config /templates/storm.yaml list                       
>>>>> Running: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/bin/java -client -Ddaemon.name= -Dstorm.options=
-Dstorm.home=/usr/share/storm -Dstorm.log.dir=/usr/share/storm/logs -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib:/opt/local/lib:/usr/lib
-Dstorm.conf.file=/templates/storm.yaml -cp /usr/share/storm/lib/asm-4.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.1.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-core-2.1.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/kryo-2.21.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/servlet-api-2.5.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-over-slf4j-1.6.6.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/slf4j-api-1.7.7.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/clojure-1.6.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/storm-core-0.10.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/reflectasm-1.07-shaded.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/hadoop-auth-2.4.0.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/log4j-api-2.1.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/minlog-1.2.jar:/usr/share/storm/lib/disruptor-2.10.4.jar:/templates:/usr/share/storm/bin
backtype.storm.command.list
>>>>> 1283 [main] INFO  b.s.u.Utils - Using defaults.yaml from resources
>>>>> 2263 [main] INFO  b.s.u.Utils - Using defaults.yaml from resources
>>>>> 2293 [main] INFO  b.s.thrift - Connecting to Nimbus at localhost:6627
as user: 
>>>>> 2293 [main] INFO  b.s.u.Utils - Using defaults.yaml from resources
>>>>> 2348 [main] INFO  b.s.u.StormBoundedExponentialBackoffRetry - The baseSleepTimeMs
[2000] the maxSleepTimeMs [60000] the maxRetries [5]
>>>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.security.auth.TBackoffConnect.retryNext(TBackoffConnect.java:59)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.security.auth.TBackoffConnect.doConnectWithRetry(TBackoffConnect.java:51)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.security.auth.ThriftClient.reconnect(ThriftClient.java:103)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.security.auth.ThriftClient.<init>(ThriftClient.java:72)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.utils.NimbusClient.<init>(NimbusClient.java:69)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.thrift$nimbus_client_and_conn.invoke(thrift.clj:75)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.thrift$nimbus_client_and_conn.invoke(thrift.clj:72)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.command.list$_main.invoke(list.clj:22)
>>>>>     at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:152)
>>>>>     at clojure.lang.AFn.applyTo(AFn.java:144)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.command.list.main(Unknown Source)
>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused
>>>>>     at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:187)
>>>>>     at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TFramedTransport.open(TFramedTransport.java:81)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.security.auth.SimpleTransportPlugin.connect(SimpleTransportPlugin.java:103)
>>>>>     at backtype.storm.security.auth.TBackoffConnect.doConnectWithRetry(TBackoffConnect.java:48)
>>>>>     ... 9 more
>>>>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>>>>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>>>>     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
>>>>>     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
>>>>>     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
>>>>>     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
>>>>>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
>>>>>     at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:182)
>>>>>     ... 12 more
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> 
>>> 是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> 是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。

Mime
View raw message