storm-user mailing list archives

From David Koch <ogd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Metrics consumer configuration in client's storm.yaml
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:32:16 GMT
Hello,

When submitting a Storm topology from a client instance, is the metrics
consumer configuration in the client's storm.yaml respected or is this
portion of the configuration exclusive to the cluster instances storm.yaml?

I have the following in the client storm.yaml and the settings do not seem
to be taken into account when the topology is running:

topology.metrics.consumer.register:
  - class: "org.apache.storm.metric.LoggingMetricsConsumer"
    parallelism.hint: 1
  - class: "com.mycorp.storm.JsonMetricsConsumer"
    parallelism.hint: 1
    argument:
      one_metric_per_doc: false

If this should work, where are the logs I need to check for configuration
issues?

Thank you,

David