storm-user mailing list archives

From Chen Junfeng <k-2f...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: Bolt slow down the emit speed of spout
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 03:24:48 GMT
So the only method to improve kafkaspout performance is to increase the partition count of
specific topic to increase the parallelism of kafkaspout?

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用

发件人: Jungtaek Lim<mailto:kabhwan@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2016年10月19日 9:48
收件人: Chen Junfeng<mailto:k-2feng@hotmail.com>; Chien Le<mailto:Chien.Le@ds-iq.com>;
user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>
主题: Re: Bolt slow down the emit speed of spout

You need to make it clear that you're using multiple 'topics' or multiple 'partitions'.
There's no way to read partition in parallel, and it's a design of Kafka. If you mean topic,
you can increase parallelism of Spout to same as partition count.

2016년 10월 19일 (수) 오전 10:42, Chen Junfeng <k-2feng@hotmail.com<mailto:k-2feng@hotmail.com>>님이
작성:

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I am close to the reason. I found the cpu usage of spout worker is really very high,
about 200% to 400% via ‘top’ command. But KafkaSpout with Storm seems not support using
multi spouts instance to read one topic.

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用