storm-user mailing list archives

From "fanxinpu@travelsky.com" <fanxi...@travelsky.com>
Subject Re: Kafka spout stops emmiting messages
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 01:24:53 GMT
Hi, Kuzmenkoļ¼š

please pay attention to the number about setMaxUncommittedOffsets, if this number is too small,
the spout may stop  emitting until the pending tuple is acked by the down bolt. You can change
the number to a large number.

Josh

From: Igor Kuzmenko
Date: 2017-01-24 02:28
To: user
Subject: Kafka spout stops emmiting messages
Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my topology from old kafka spout (storm-kafka project) to new
one (storm-kafka-client) version 1.0.1. I've configured new spout to work with my topology.
After deploy it processes and acks few hundreds of tuples and then stops. Kafka topic definitely
have new messages, and in storm UI I can see  kafka spout lag increasing. What could be the
problem?