storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storm (Core) versus Storm (with Trident)
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:21:44 GMT
It comes down to a tradeoff between throughput and latency (as well as how and what you do
in your topologies), and tuning parameters.

In the benchmarking I’ve done, Storm Core has lower latency and lower throughput, Trident
has higher throughput (~2x) and higher latency (~2-3x).

But again, it really depends on what other systems you’re interacting with. One slow external
system could easily negate any performance difference between the two.

-Taylor

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 4:03 PM, Thomas Cristanis <thomascristanis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone done any benchmarks comparing the performance of the Storm against the Apache
Storm (Core) in relation to Apache Storm (with Trident) ?