storm-user mailing list archives

From Joaquin Menchaca <jmench...@gobalto.com>
Subject Re: How to correctly setup Nimbus UI to have public instead of private FQDN for debug
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 01:18:55 GMT
You have to configure a few things:

- determine set of names to configure public cname, hosts file entries or
local dns cache entries, and virtualhost confis on a proxy.  ex:
supervisor01.mycompany.com.
- reverse proxy front end, like nginx with routes back to appropriate
backends based on virtualhost config
- manage /etc/hosts entries for each node (or local dns cache)
- `hostname -f` must match appropriate name, ex: supervisor01.mycompany.com
- public dns entries (CNAME) that all point to the reverse proxy server.
- if aws, you can config elb to point to reverse proxy end point for
security.
- also aws alb might work as front end reverse proxy end point, have not
tried it personally.

I tried this on aws w nginx running on one of my zookeeper servers.  works
well.

I have some shell scripts online that demo how to set this up:

- nginx config lib  -
https://github.com/darkn3rd/storm-vagrant/blob/master/scripts/lib/nginx.src
- how to use lib in setup_proxy():
https://github.com/darkn3rd/storm-vagrant/blob/master/scripts/lib/vagrant_driver.src