storm-user mailing list archives

From "Andrieux, Alain" <alain.andri...@baml.com>
Subject Nimbus High-Availability: preferred host in Leader election?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 17:19:13 GMT
Given a Storm cluster with high-availability requirements where several hosts are Nimbus seeds
(so that each can potentially become a Primary/Leader nimbus), how to ensure that, upon restart
of the installation, a given host will be the chosen Leader?

Example:

Given in storm.yaml (deployed on each of the 4 hosts):

nimbus.seeds: [ "host1", "host2", "host3", "host4"]

I want host1 to always be the Nimbus Leader/Primary when restarting the Storm cluster, while
host2 to host 4 are Nimbus Standby instances.

How to ensure that?

Currently I am getting something to the effect of host2 always being the leader, and while
it may appear consistent, I would prefer this to be deterministic.

Thanks

Alain

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions
available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message.