storm-user mailing list archives

From Punit Tiwan <tiwan.pu...@coviam.com>
Subject Re: Good examples of StatefulWindowedBoltExecutor
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 10:05:01 GMT
Thanks Arun, will consider both approach.

Regards,
Punit Tiwan

Also checkout the “Stateful windowing” section under https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/14171/windowing-and-state-checkpointing-in-apache-storm.html.

> As an alternative, you could instead have a regular windowed bolt which sends the aggregate
results of you 2-3 min window to a downstream bolt (like RedisBolt) which updates the result
in a permanent state.

> Thanks,
> Arun
>
> On 1/27/17, 11:39 AM, "Punit Tiwan" <tiwan.punit@coviam.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Doe anyone know any good example of StatefulWindowedBoltExecutor and how does it
actually work?

>> I am currently using 30min window but memory usage is issue for us. To solve that
i am thinking of using lesser time window(like 2-3mins) plus something to keep my computed
states into redis.