storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stateful topology hangs
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:34:41 GMT
What version of Storm are you using? And which Kafka spout (i.e. storm-kafka or storm-kafka-client)?

-Taylor

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 4:32 PM, Abhishek Raj <abhishek.raj@saavn.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, I am using storm's state management feature in a topology.
> The topology has a kafkaspout and a StatefulBolt which uses RedisKeyValueState. What
I observe is that after some time of running smoothly, the spout just stops consuming from
the kafka topic and the $checkpointspout stops emitting any checkpoint tuples. The topology
just hangs and there are no error messages in the logs. The spout acts as if there are no
more messages to consume even though there are. This happens very randomly and if I restart
the topology the error may or may not come.