storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to register metrics in flux yaml
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:24:24 GMT
Hi Marc,

Currently there is not a way to directly register metrics using Flux. It is something that
is probably doable, though. Feel free to file a JIRA to add this functionality.

-Taylor

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 1:49 PM, Marc Zbyszynski <mmmzzz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am using flux to deploy multilang topologies with a lot of FluxShellBolt instances.
Do you know if there is any way to register a metric directly in the flux yaml without writing
any Java code? I know that the multilang protocol supports submitting data to metrics that
have been registered, but I don't see any way to register the metrics in Flux or by invoking
a method on FluxShellBolt. Is that right, or am I missing something?