storm-user mailing list archives

From "Wijekoon, Manusha " <manusha.wijek...@citi.com>
Subject Meauring latency of Storm bolts
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:04:49 GMT
I am trying to measure latency of each bolt in a topology. The latency numbers given by Storm
is not enough as we want to calculate percentiles. In my current setup, I measure latency
of the bolt by measuring time it takes to complete the execute method including call to emit.
The assumption with above method is that, the collector's emit will return immediately without
calling next bolt instances execute method even if the same executor is shared between current
bolt instance and next bolt instance in the topology.