storm-user mailing list archives

From Vijay Patil <vijay2110.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to achieve throttling in storm ?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:10:58 GMT
Hi Amber,

TOPOLOGY_MAX_SPOUT_PENDING is just a pipe width, open it with very small
value, obviously you will get less throughput with that, keep increasing it
till you achieve desired throughout (obviously you will need to
tune parallelism for bolts as per observed capacity). There is nothing like
ideal value for TOPOLOGY_MAX_SPOUT_PENDING, it all depends on how
much parallelism you have per worker.

Regards,
Vijay