storm-user mailing list archives

From Arun Mahadevan <ar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: implmement state management with Apache Ignite
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 06:10:43 GMT
> #1 when a worker is died or killed by manually, storm framework will restart this worker,
is there a ID which doesn't change for the new worker and the died worker?  if there is, how
to get it?

Task Id does not change. The worker can be restarted in the same or different host and the
tasks would be reassigned.

> #2 when a worker is died, is there a case storm framework can't start a new worker? In
this case, how about the grouped message handled by this worker, it will auto take over by
other workers?

As long as the state is per task it can be handled by other worker.

> #3 suppose we have started a topology with 3 workers, rebalance topology can change the
worker numbers?

Rebalance can change the number of workers, but the overall number of tasks remains the same.
Only that the task assignment to workers could change.

Not sure if you are building something different, but storm already has basic support for
stateful bolts (see https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/docs/State-checkpointing.md).

Thanks,

Arun

From: "shawn.du" <shawn.du@neulion.com.cn>
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM
To: user <user@storm.apache.org>
Subject: implmement state management with Apache Ignite

Hi community,

Recently we are trying implement state management using apache ignite.

Before do the real work, I have several questions, please help.