storm-user mailing list archives

From Bastien DINE <bastien.d...@coservit.com>
Subject Storm development : Using dependency injection
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:37:27 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop my new topologies using a proper design pattern,  to achieve :

-          Reusability of class

-          Unit testing / at least functional

o   Be able to mock database interaction through interfaces

I worked a lot with PHP & Symfony which is a great framework to achieve those goals using
dependency injection pattern

I want to apply it to Storm topology development, but here is my problem :

How can I pass dependency in constructor (e.g Cassandra provider, or id resolver, or even
object hydrator), the bolt are instantiated when calling "prepare" method
If I'm using a DI framework (like google Guice), how can I Mixed it with storm topology builder
?

One idea :
I think I can pass factories to my constructor and instantiate object in prepare method of
my bolt
But I'm not sure if it a good way to do it..

Did  anybody ever experience it ?
Does anyone have some best practices to develop topologies ? (regarding code engineering and
organization)

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Bastien