storm-user mailing list archives

From Ethan Li <etha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: how to keep storm running when console ends
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 13:08:40 GMT
Hi,
Storm docs recommend to use daemontools or monit which provides error recovery and etc..
I use linux "nohup" or "screen" command for simplicity.
Ethan

    On Friday, August 4, 2017 7:29 AM, J.R. Pauley <jrpauley@gmail.com> wrote:

 this seems silly but I have not figured out how to keep nimbus, supervisor running after
console session ends. zookeeper survives but supervisor and nimbus shut down when the console
session ends.
I have storm 1.0.2 installed under /opt/storm and starting up as:/opt/storm/apache*/bin/storm
nimbus&/opt/storm/apache*/bin/storm supervisor&
/opt/storm/apache*/bin/storm ui&
/opt/storm/apache*/bin/storm drpc&

I know I can add a while loop to keep the console active but there has to be a better way