storm-user mailing list archives

From Mahak Goel <mahakgoe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spout sleep wait strategy
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:28:36 GMT
Hi Stig,

Thank you. However it looks like from this post there is a way to do it on a per spout basis.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!search/Storm$200.8.1$20released/storm-user/hVbXtBdCkQo

Do you or does anyone else know if this is still a possibility? If so, how do I do it?

> On Aug 15, 2017, at 11:14, Stig Rohde Døssing <srdo@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Mahak,
>
> I haven't checked in any detail, but I suspect there isn't. I'd have said you could set
the configuration for the spout via the SpoutDeclarer addConfiguration methods when declaring
the spout, but it looks like the wait strategy and backoff are both removed from the component
configuration, and only read from the topology level configuration https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/64e29f365c9b5d3e15b33f33ab64e200345333e4/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/executor/Executor.java#L431.

>> Unsubscribe
>>
>> Sent from BlueMail
>>> On Aug 15, 2017, at 10:34 AM, Mahak Goel <mahakgoel94@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I know I can configure a sleep wait strategy in the defaults.yaml and that will
apply to all spouts in the topology. Is there a way to do this on a spout by spout basis?
That is, is there a way to configure different times for different spouts?