storm-user mailing list archives

From Jonas Krauß <jkraus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoid building jar after every change is made during development
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:09:49 GMT
Leonardo,

have a look at https://storm.apache.org/releases/1.1.1/Local-mode.html

You can use that in your main method and run the topology class as a java app. A common approach
is to check if command line args are empty and then use local mode (if not empty you are most
probably submitting the topology on the cluster and state the topology name as a command line
parameter).

Regards

Jonas

On Aug 22, 2017, at 3:38 PM, Leonardo Ferreira <leonardo.ferreira@k4connect.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to Apache Storm and I am starting to feel painful the need to build the
entire jar file after every change I make during development process to test the changes that
were made.