storm-user mailing list archives

From Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: how to keep storm running when console ends
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 13:39:55 GMT
You probably want to look into using something like daemon tools to monitor the processes.
nohup works, but it is not really a good solution.  Storm is fail fast.  If we hit any exception
that we don't know that we can recover from the process will exit on the assumption that it
will be relaunched and we can recover from the state we have written to disk/zookeeper.
Having a tool that will monitor and relaunch storm is the best way to keep it up and running.

- Bobby