storm-user mailing list archives

From "M. Aaron Bossert" <maboss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to keep storm running when console ends
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 13:28:56 GMT
Try adding nohup at the beginning of each of those commands.  Nohup prevents a process from
terminating when it's parent shell is closed.

nohup /opt/storm/apache*/bin/storm nimbus &

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 09:08, Ethan Li <ethanli@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Storm docs recommend to use daemontools or monit which provides error recovery and etc..

> I use linux "nohup" or "screen" command for simplicity.
>
> Ethan
>

> On Friday, August 4, 2017 7:29 AM, J.R. Pauley <jrpauley@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> this seems silly but I have not figured out how to keep nimbus, supervisor running after
console session ends. zookeeper survives but supervisor and nimbus shut down when the console
session ends.