storm-user mailing list archives

From Arun Mahadevan <ar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Order of tuples
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 03:28:48 GMT
Between two tasks the ordering is maintained. So if the spout and the bolts have a parallelism
of one the ordering will be usually maintained. However currently there are some cases where
messages are dropped at the source worker if the connection to the destination worker goes
down and the messages gets replayed. In this case ordering cannot be guaranteed.

On 8/22/17, 2:27 AM, "Mahak Goel" <mahakgoel94@gmail.com> wrote:

>If I have just one instance of a spout and one instance of a bolt, will the tuples be
received by the bolt in the same order the spout emitted them?