storm-user mailing list archives

From Stig Rohde Døssing <s...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spout sleep wait strategy
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:14:35 GMT
Hi Mahak,

I haven't checked in any detail, but I suspect there isn't. I'd have said
you could set the configuration for the spout via the SpoutDeclarer
addConfiguration methods when declaring the spout, but it looks like the
wait strategy and backoff are both removed from the component
configuration, and only read from the topology level configuration
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/64e29f365c9b5d3e15b33f33ab64e200345333e4/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/executor/Executor.java#L431.

> Unsubscribe
>
> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=9660>
> On Aug 15, 2017, at 10:34 AM, Mahak Goel <mahakgoel94@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I know I can configure a sleep wait strategy in the defaults.yaml and that will apply
to all spouts in the topology. Is there a way to do this on a spout by spout basis? That is,
is there a way to configure different times for different spouts?