storm-user mailing list archives

From deadbrain <jer...@javaxpert.com>
Subject Architectural advice: MQTT [newbie]
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:15:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am very new to Storm and I am about building my own docker environment
for my first tries.

In my project I would need to connect Mosquitto broker to Storm (with
MQTT Spout I guess)

In my docker env I want to have load balancing & HA so I will add a load
balancer above the Mosquitto brokers.

My question is : am I obliged to have multiple spout to fetch messages
from brokers (one per physical broker), or is it possible to define a
single SPOUT (with a list of brokers). In the first case is there a risk
to have messages duplicated ? Is there some good practices in such case ?

Kind regards

Jerome