storm-user mailing list archives

From Walid Aljoby <walid_alj...@yahoo.com>
Subject IMetricConsumer not working
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:29:34 GMT

Hi Everyone,
I have some concerns with using a central bolt for collecting some statistics of interest
from running topology.I tried to use IMetricConsumer, thus I employed storm-metrics-statsd
from endgameinc/storm-metrics-statsd, for my topology, and configured it as:
## Metrics Consumers
 topology.metrics.consumer.register:
  - class: "org.apache.storm.starter.perf.StatsdMetricConsumer"
    parallelism.hint: 1
    argument:
           metrics.statsd.host: "10.10.10.20"
           metrics.statsd.port: 8125
           metrics.statsd.prefix: "storm.metrics."

However, when I run the topology I could see metric information in UI and seen that  storm-metrics-statsd
run at one of machine workers.The concerns are about not seeing the 8125 port is running,
and therefore I could not see any file for metrics anywhere..Anybody please have some suggestion?

Many thanks
Walid

|    |
endgameinc/storm-metrics-statsd
 storm-metrics-statsd - Storm Metrics module for reporting to statsd  |   |