storm-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bergeron <paul.d.berge...@gmail.com>
Subject Nimbus H/A in 1.0.X, how does it work?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:56:43 GMT
Hello,

I see https://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.4/nimbus-ha-design.html as part
of the documentation, and I see that STORM-166
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/354 was merged in 08/2015.

However much of it was changed in STORM-876
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/845 when it was merged in 12/2015.

In the current config defaults I still see storm.codedistributor.class
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/conf/defaults.yaml#L54

I also see the blobstore config defaults
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/conf/defaults.yaml#L121-L135

Per the original article, it looked like there was a Nimbus implementation
that had H/A with only Zookeeper. I would like to use that for a production
cluster deploy.

- Does this still exist?
- In what capacity does it still exist, if so?
- How do I enable it?
- Does storm.codedistributor.class still make sense in the config file?

Thanks,
Paul