storm-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Powis <spo...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Seek in KafkaSpout
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 23:26:02 GMT
I'm curious to your use case around this?  It seems odd to need to adjust
it on the fly while a topology is running, or I've misunderstood you!

If you store your consumer state in Zookeeper, you CAN adjust it between
topology deploys by manually modifying the stored state, and I've done this
to deal w/ maintenance or service issues to roll back to a specific point
in time.  Unsure if you're able to do this when consumer state is stored
within Kafka itself.

As a side note, I've been toying with a Kafka spout implementation that
allows dynamically consuming arbitrary ranges from topics that is to be
open sourced here soon.

Stephen