storm-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "M. Aaron Bossert" <maboss...@gmail.com>
Subject Storm Kafka version mismatch issues
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:23:59 GMT
All,

I have resurrected some old code that includes a Kafka Producer class as
well as a storm topology that includes a Kafka Spout to ingest the messages
coming from the aforementioned producer.

I was using the storm-kafka library with Scala 2.11, but when I changed to
the newer code base, which is using Scala 2.12, I found that the older
library wouldn't work...thus I wanted to switch to the new
storm-kafka-client, but am not sure what version I should be using.  here
is my build.sbt file, as well as the error messages I am seeing when the
Spout actually runs (my favorite assistant, Google, tells me it is due to a
version mismatch between Storm and Kafka).  I am using HDP 2.6.2, for
whatever that is worth...

java.lang.*NoSuchMethodError*:
kafka.javaapi.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;IIILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)

name := "apachestormstreaming"

version := "0.1"

scalaVersion := "2.12.4"

scalacOptions := Seq("-unchecked", "-deprecation")

resolvers ++= Seq(
    "clojars" at "http://clojars.org/repo/",
    "HDP" at "http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/repositories/releases/",
    "Hortonworks Jetty" at
"http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/repositories/jetty-hadoop/"
)

libraryDependencies ++= Seq(
    "org.apache.storm" % "flux-core" % "1.1.0.2.6.2.0-205",
    "org.apache.storm" % "storm-core" % "1.1.0.2.6.2.0-205" % Provided
        exclude("org.slf4j", "slf4j-log4j12")
        exclude("log4j","log4j"),
    "org.pcap4j" % "pcap4j-core" % "2.0.0-alpha",
    "org.pcap4j" % "pcap4j-packetfactory-static" % "2.0.0-alpha",
    "org.apache.hadoop" % "hadoop-common" % "2.7.3.2.6.2.0-205"
        exclude("org.slf4j", "slf4j-log4j12")
        exclude("log4j","log4j")
        exclude("commons-beanutils", "commons-beanutils-core")
        exclude("commons-beanutils", "commons-beanutils")
        exclude("commons-collections", "commons-collections"),
    "org.apache.storm" % "storm-kafka-client" % "1.1.0.2.6.2.0-205"
        exclude("org.apache.kafka","kafka-clients")
        exclude("org.slf4j", "slf4j-log4j12")
        exclude("log4j","log4j")
        exclude("org.apache.zookeeper","zookeeper"),
    "org.apache.kafka" % "kafka-clients" % "0.10.1.1",
    "org.apache.kafka" %% "kafka" % "0.10.1.1"
        exclude("org.slf4j", "slf4j-log4j12")
        exclude("log4j","log4j")
        exclude("org.apache.zookeeper","zookeeper"),
    "org.apache.hbase" % "hbase-common" % "1.1.2.2.6.2.0-205"
        exclude("org.slf4j","slf4j-log4j12")
        exclude("log4j","log4j"),
    "org.apache.hbase" % "hbase-client" % "1.1.2.2.6.2.0-205"
        exclude("org.slf4j","slf4j-log4j12")
        exclude("log4j","log4j"),
    "com.paulgoldbaum" %% "scala-influxdb-client" % "0.5.2",
    "org.apache.commons" % "commons-lang3" % "3.6",
    "org.influxdb" % "influxdb-java" % "2.7"
)

assemblyMergeStrategy in assembly := {
    case PathList(ps @ _*) if ps.last endsWith "project.clj" =>
        MergeStrategy.rename
    case PathList(ps @ _*) if ps.last endsWith "UnknownPacketFactory.class" =>
        MergeStrategy.rename
    case PathList("org","apache","http", _ @ _*) =>
        MergeStrategy.first
    case PathList("org","apache","commons","codec", _ @ _*) =>
        MergeStrategy.first
    case PathList("io","netty", _ @ _*) =>
        MergeStrategy.last
    case PathList(ps @ _*) if ps.last equalsIgnoreCase
"io.netty.versions.properties" =>
        MergeStrategy.first
    case PathList(ps @ _*) if ps.last equalsIgnoreCase
"libnetty-transport-native-epoll.so" =>
        MergeStrategy.first
    case x => val oldStrategy = (assemblyMergeStrategy in assembly).value
        oldStrategy(x)
}

Mime
View raw message