storm-user mailing list archives

From pwozniak <pwozn...@man.poznan.pl>
Subject New supervisor is not able to join cluster (storm 1.0.2)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:39:21 GMT
Hi,

I have storm cluster that basically works fine. Now I have to add two
more supervisors to this cluster and when I'm doing that I get this
exception (on supervisor machine that is being added):

2018-03-23 10:17:45.539 o.a.s.d.supervisor [INFO] Downloading code for
storm id topo1

2018-03-23 10:17:55.629 o.a.s.d.supervisor [WARN] There was a connection
problem with nimbus. #error {
  :cause Connection refused (Connection refused)

The only difference between already working supervisors and new
supervisor is that the new one is in different network.

But:

- new supervisor machine is listed in UI;

- I can telnet nimbus machine from new supervisor machine on port 6627;

- tcpdump used on new supervisor machine tells me that new supervisor
machine is using 6627 port only (there is no other communication with
nimbus)

- nimbus machine correctly responds with checkStatus (it is logged in
nimbus log and I can see this in tcpdump).

And now I don't know what to try now.

Is there any nimbus option that forbids communication like this? Maybe
sth like this is on the supervisor side?

What can I do more to find out what is wrong in here?

Regards,

Pawel