storm-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Naik <roshan_n...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Worker profiling on 1.2.1
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 06:26:25 GMT
 you can set any java options to enable java profilers via the topology.worker.childopts when
submitting the topology.

-Roshan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, March 19, 2018, 4:29 AM, Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I am using Storm 1.2.1 and want to profile my workers. I've set worker.profiler.enabled to
true in the config and the UI's showing the values below so everything should be fine. I've
modified the childopts so that it works with Oracle Java 9 and flight.bash works when I run
it manually.

| worker.profiler.childopts | "-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures -XX:+FlightRecorder" |
| worker.profiler.command | "flight.bash" |
| worker.profiler.enabled | true |

I have 'Jstack', 'Restart worker' and 'Heap' available as actions and clickable when I select
a worker but there is nothing about profiling. The documentation on http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.1/dynamic-worker-profiling.html  does
not mention anything specific.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks
Julien

--

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering
http://www.digitalpebble.com