storm-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Naik <roshan_n...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Task Scheduling in Local Mode
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2018 17:28:52 GMT
Have you tried increasing the
supervisor.slots.ports ?I suspect you are getting limited by it. - Roshan
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:11 AM, Boaz Rosenan <brosenan@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I developed a prototype of a platform that uses Apache Storm behinds the scenes. My platform's
"developer mode", which is currently the only one supported, uses Storm in its local mode.

For small applications, that only had up to ~3 simple topologies, this worked great. However,
for slightly larger systems (~5 topologies) I find that some of the topologies are not executed.
I suspect that the local cluster is configured with a small number of executors, so when the
number of bolts and spouts I'm using (with p=1) exceeds the number of executors, no further
topologies are scheduled.

I know the "real" solution to this problem is to use a real cluster, but using local mode
is very convenient for development.

Is there a config I can set to tune up the number of executors (or alternatively, is my understanding
of the problem correct)?

Thanks,
Boaz.