storm-user mailing list archives

From Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Worker profiling on 1.2.1
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:29:49 GMT
Hi,

I am using Storm 1.2.1 and want to profile my workers. I've set
*worker.profiler.enabled* to true in the config and the UI's showing the
values below so everything should be fine. I've modified the childopts so
that it works with Oracle Java 9 and flight.bash works when I run it
manually.

worker.profiler.childopts

"-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures -XX:+FlightRecorder"

worker.profiler.command

"flight.bash"

worker.profiler.enabled

true

I have 'Jstack', 'Restart worker' and 'Heap' available as actions and
clickable when I select a worker but there is nothing about profiling. The
documentation on
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.1/dynamic-worker-profiling.html
<http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.1/dynamic-worker-profiling.html> does
not mention anything specific.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Julien

--

*Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering*

http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
#digitalpebble <http://twitter.com/digitalpebble>