storm-user mailing list archives

From Boaz Rosenan <brose...@gmail.com>
Subject Task Scheduling in Local Mode
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2018 17:11:03 GMT
Hi everyone,

I developed a prototype of a platform that uses Apache Storm behinds the
scenes. My platform's "developer mode", which is currently the only one
supported, uses Storm in its local mode.

For small applications, that only had up to ~3 simple topologies, this
worked great. However, for slightly larger systems (~5 topologies) I find
that some of the topologies are not executed. I suspect that the local
cluster is configured with a small number of executors, so when the number
of bolts and spouts I'm using (with p=1) exceeds the number of executors,
no further topologies are scheduled.

I know the "real" solution to this problem is to use a real cluster, but
using local mode is very convenient for development.

Is there a config I can set to tune up the number of executors (or
alternatively, is my understanding of the problem correct)?

Thanks,
Boaz.