storm-user mailing list archives

From Bobby Evans <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic metrics in V2 system
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2018 13:55:30 GMT
This should work for the most part.  The new metrics API is just a thin
wrapper around the codahale metrics API that has no restrictions on when
you can add or remove metrics.  It is separate from storm and it really is
just a naming convention that is used to store which worker, component,
etc, a metric is associated with.

We have not exposed any of the remove APIs so if this is something you
really need please file a JIRA for it and we can look into supporting it
too.

Thanks,

Bobby