storm-user mailing list archives

From Bobby Evans <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRPC] Storm DRPC reliability
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 17:13:41 GMT
Luk,

DRPC itself is not deprecated, just the Linear DRPC builder.  In fact I
would argue that we should remove that deprecation.  It was deprecated
because.

"Trident subsumes the functionality provided by this class, so it's
deprecated"

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/ffa607e2464a361a8f2fa548cc8043f5a8818d04/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/drpc/LinearDRPCTopologyBuilder.java#L53

But not everyone wants to nor can use trident for their topologies and as
such it is still valid.

If you want to file a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira under the
STORM project to remove the deprecation and assign it to me (revans2) I
would be happy to take care of that for you.

Thanks,

Bobby