storm-user mailing list archives

From Ɓukasz Gebel <luk.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRPC] Storm DRPC reliability
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 15:18:03 GMT
Hi,

DRPC functionality in Apache Storm looks deprecated, however it's still
useful in some use cases.
Can anyone provide information how reliable is this functionality?

My concerns: LinearDRPCTopologyBuilder is deprecated,
documentation: http://storm.apache.org/releases/current/Distributed-RPC.html
seems not to be updated (DRPC client init is outdated), there is no
information which properties you should set in config (you have to dig in
code) and so on.

On the other hand it is possible to use components like DRPCSpout,
ReturnResult (bolt) and plug them to TopologyBuilder and their work. And
these components are not deprecated.

Does anyone know if you can trust it, and if it will or won't be removed in
newest versions of Storm? Did you have some unexpected problems using it?

I really appreciate any help in this matter, as it is hard to find examples
of successful usages of Storm DRPC in the Internet.

Best regards,
Luk.