storm-user mailing list archives

From Łukasz Gebel <luk.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRPC] Storm DRPC reliability
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 19:33:10 GMT
Hi Bobby,

thank you for a quick response. I'd rather use DRPC topology components
(like DRPCSpout) and plug them into standard Topology (however I think
deprecation of LinearDRPCTopologyBuider is quite misleading, so I'll create
a ticket :)) .
Let me ask some questions:
- Do you know anyone used Storm DRPC in production use cases successfully?
- Do you know if there are any plans to remove support for DRPC in future
Storm releases (its code looks abandoned, last commit in 2016)?
- Is there a chance that someone will document which properties can be
defined in DRPCClient (currently example in Apache Storm documentation is
not working, it takes 2 arguments, 3 are needed, additional one is config
map).?

 It would really help to get such information, as in current state DRPC
functionality looks quite unreliable to me.

Cheers,
Luk.