Luk,

DRPC itself is not deprecated, just the Linear DRPC builder.  In fact I would argue that we should remove that deprecation.  It was deprecated because.

"Trident subsumes the functionality provided by this class, so it's deprecated"

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/ffa607e2464a361a8f2fa548cc8043f5a8818d04/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/drpc/LinearDRPCTopologyBuilder.java#L53

But not everyone wants to nor can use trident for their topologies and as such it is still valid.

If you want to file a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira under the STORM project to remove the deprecation and assign it to me (revans2) I would be happy to take care of that for you.

Thanks,

Bobby