stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Marsh <jonat...@wso2.com>
Subject RE: Apache Stratos Logo
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 17:00:38 GMT
I appreciate including rationale for the decisions – it advances the
conversation beyond personal preference to what will be in the best
interest of the project.

I also appreciate a minimal design, where the ability to reproduce and
recognize the logo in a wide variety of contexts (small sizes, t-shirts,
inverted coloring) contributes to the development of the brand.  Many of
the logos I admire have been distilled to their essence, are accessible to
the color-blind, etc.

For me #1 is at least as strong as the more embellished versions (3 colors,
gradients, font manipulation), while better serving the many contexts this
logo may be called upon to serve.

-Jonathan

*From:* Noah Slater [mailto:nslater@apache.org]
*Sent:* Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:34 AM
*To:* dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Apache Stratos Logo

I order of preference: 1, 3, 7

(This also happens to be order of design simplicity.)

On 2 July 2013 07:00, Amal Rangana <amalrb@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

By considering the comments, I am sending the attached logos with the TM.

Amal

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>
wrote:

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:45:05PM +0530, Amal Rangana wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have done some logo designs for the Apache Stratos project. Attached the
> designs with this for comments.
>
> Thanks,
> Amal Rangana

When you do get to finished logo designs, please don't forget to include
a (TM) in the image.

--
NS