stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Stratos Logo
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:44:32 GMT
Great work Amal on the logos. Can you please also contribute the entire press kit. Typically
this includes favicon, the icns icon, and a powered by Stratos and/or Stratos Inside logos.

Also, a website banner with the logo embedded will be great.

Suresh

On Jul 18, 2013, at 1:44 AM, Amal Rangana <amalrb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sending the selected logo with this.
>
> Amal
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Cool. Thanks Paul!
>

> On 17 July 2013 08:40, Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com> wrote:
> Firstly I think there is a mistake in the table - #1 only got 3 votes
>
> Here is the summary of the STV process.
>
> In the STV the winning logo needs 15 votes to win (>50% of 28 votes in all).
>
> In the first round of STV, #4 was closest and got 13 votes (not enough to win).
>
> In the second round, we eliminate the lowest voted logo (#3). Those votes get reallocated
giving the following vote tallies:

> #1 - 3
> #2 gets 1 more vote - 7
> #3 - eliminated
> #4 - 13
> #5 - one more vote -5
>
> We still have no outright winner, so now we eliminate #1.
>
> In the third round we have:
>
> #1 eliminated. All three of those votes go to number 2, giving the latest tally:
> #2 - 10 votes
> #4 - 13
> #5 - 5
>
> Now we eliminate #5 and look where it's votes go:
>
> Three of them go to logo #4, and one to logo #2 (the fifth vote doesn't go anywhere as
there was no further preference after [3,5]

> Hence the final tally is
>
> #4 - 16 votes
> #2 - 11 votes.
>
> Therefore #4 is the winner.
>
> Paul
>
> PS I should have used some software, but Lakmal did all the hard work. Thanks Lakmal!
>

> On 17 July 2013 08:23, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com> wrote:
> giving weights to preference. (?) .
>
> first preference - > 5
> second - > 4
>
> likewise. Just a suggestion.May be there's a standard way apache guys follow.
>
> --Pradeep
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com> wrote:
> Here [1] I have counted the votes. I am not sure how we going to choose the logo?  Help
appreciate!. If we can finished this now, then I like to use this in the our first hangout
session. :)

> [1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajjw-gbKX0lcdDlXdGJneWVQRmFkSFJhSHN4UnBDalE#gid=0
>

> thanks
>

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com> wrote:
> Shall we close this vote?
>

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Isuru Perera <chrishantha@gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest, I wish if there were more options to choose from.
>
> Anyway, here is my vote! :)
>
> [4]
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com> wrote:
> Well in that case why don't we just list our preferences in order and I will calculate
the STV :)

> I'll kick off:
> [4,1,2,5,3]
>
> Paul
>

> On 11 July 2013 13:46, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 01:14:28PM +0100, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Unfortunately https://vote.apache.org seems to be down :-(
>
> Yeah, you have to ask for it to be turned on and configured for a
> specific vote.
>

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, Apache Member
>
> UK: +44 207 096 0336
> US: +1 646 595 7614
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> twitter.com/pzfreo
> paul@wso2.com
>
> wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware
>
> Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information
and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the intended recipient/s,
or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
indicating that fact and delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this communication.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The
sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.