stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: We can get rid of following components in Stratos code
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 03:43:00 GMT
+1.

We should also move all the components to components folder avoiding sub
directories like 'stratos'. Then we can form them into coarse grain
components in the next step.

And about features, it is better to keep one feature per main module (e.g.
cloud-controller, manager). Cloud controller is alrea

Thanks.

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Amila Maha Arachchi <amilam@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Shariq Muhammed <shariq@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> If I am not mistaken the following components also could be removed since
>> they are only needed for Carbon based products (cartridges in future ?!)
>>
>> - components/stratos/org.wso2.carbon.ui.menu.stratos - provides a link
>> in the services to direct to CC
>> - components/stratos/org.wso2.carbon.stratos.landing.page.deployer -
>> deploys the carbon service specific landing page webapp
>>

> Yes. I'll consider these as well when creating the patch.
>

>> Also how about getting rid of components/*stratos *dir and moving its
>> contents under components/? The reason to the "stratos" dir in carbon
>> code base was to distinguish between stratos and other components,
>> that's not valid here ..
>>

> This will be done eventually when the cleanup and re-factoring is
> completed. We are starting from the code which was available in Carbon.
>

>> On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Amila Maha Arachchi <amilam@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was going through the incubator code to provide some help on cleaning
>>> it and making it ready for the first release. I have identified some
>>> components which can be deleted from the code. Some of these are not used
>>> anymore and some others are not valid for Apache Stratos.
>>>
>>> components/stratos/org.wso2.carbon.db.keep.alive (unused)
>>> components/stratos/org.wso2.carbon.gapp.registration.ui (not valid)
>>> components/stratos/org.wso2.carbon.google.analytics.ui (not valid)
>>> components/stratos/org.wso2.carbon.migration (unused)
>>> components/stratos/sample-installer (not valid)
>>>
>>> You can simple get rid of the unused ones. For the invalid components, I
>>> will check for dependencies in the product/stratos2/stratos_controller and
>>> provide a patch to remove them.
>>>
>>> There are some other components which will be used as dependencies from
>>> Carbon code. We can get rid of them too. We'll discuss them separately.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Amila.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Amila Maharachchi*