stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <p...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Apache Stratos Logo
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:40:41 GMT
Firstly I think there is a mistake in the table - #1 only got 3 votes

Here is the summary of the STV process.

In the STV the winning logo needs 15 votes to win (>50% of 28 votes in all).

In the first round of STV, #4 was closest and got 13 votes (not enough to
win).

In the second round, we eliminate the lowest voted logo (#3). Those votes
get reallocated giving the following vote tallies:

#1 - 3
#2 gets 1 more vote - 7
#3 - eliminated
#4 - 13
#5 - one more vote -5

We still have no outright winner, so now we eliminate #1.

In the third round we have:

#1 eliminated. All three of those votes go to number 2, giving the latest
tally:
#2 - 10 votes
#4 - 13
#5 - 5

Now we eliminate #5 and look where it's votes go:

Three of them go to logo #4, and one to logo #2 (the fifth vote doesn't go
anywhere as there was no further preference after [3,5]

Hence the final tally is

#4 - 16 votes
#2 - 11 votes.

Therefore #4 is the winner.

Paul

PS I should have used some software, but Lakmal did all the hard work.
Thanks Lakmal!