stratos-dev mailing list archives

From sanjeewa malalgoda <sanjeewa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We can get rid of following components in Stratos code
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 14:17:46 GMT
On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Shariq Muhammed <shariq@wso2.com> wrote:

> Um even from this list we can cut down, don't need
>
> 1 - org.wso2.carbon.stratos.landing.page.deployer
> 2 - org.wso2.carbon.migration
>
> Few other too, will talk to Lakmal, AmilaM and finalize it.
>
> Plus we have to modify some of the components to fit the new requirement.
> For example at the moment usage component looks at a stats retriever
> provided via a tomcat class, and publish that data to BAM. So the current
> usage agent won't be of much use in a PHP cartridge for example. So we need
> to make the data retrieved and publisher pluggable ...

+1. If we changed or update usage agent then following components also need
to be update.

usage service (to retrive usage data).
usage ui (visualize usage data).
throttling manager /ui (add throttling rules and generate validation
information).
throttling agent (do throttle).

Also we need to add some improvement for tenant-activity component as well.
At this moment its working only for carbon based servers.

--

*Sanjeewa Malalgoda
**B.Sc. Engineering(Hons)

*