stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Free Rackspace Cloud Account for Stratos
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 07:20:49 GMT
Hi Everett,

I had discuss with our PPMC and there are no objection to follow the same
as jclouds. So we are happy to get free Rackspace Cloud Account for
Stratos. And we will give thanks to Rackspace in [1] and also will talk in
our blogs.

Thanks again for this opportunity and will looking forward for the account.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/Index

Regards,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM, Everett Toews
<everett.toews@rackspace.com>wrote:

> [...]
> http://apt.mopidy.com/
> http://www.jodal.no/2013/07/22/mopidy-hosted-by-rackspace/
>
>  DataSounds
> https://twitter.com/search?q=rackspace%20from%3Adatasounds&src=typd
> http://www.datasounds.org/drafts/now-hosted-at-rackspace-cloud.html
>
>  TaskWarrior
> https://twitter.com/search?q=rackspace%20from%3Ataskwarrior&src=typd
> http://taskwarrior.org/news/172
> http://taskwarrior.org/news/171
>
>  So you can see that it varies from project to project just how much they
> do.
>
>  Let me know if you have any further questions.
>
>  Thanks,
> Everett
>

>  On Jul 23, 2013, at 12:23 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana wrote:
>
>  Hi Everett,
>
>  We are still looking into how we can proceed this. Since jclouds done
> this before can you please let us know how it was proceed and how jclouds
> thanks Rackpasce, then we can follow the same. Appreciate your help on this.
>
>  thanks
>

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM, Everett Toews <
> everett.toews@rackspace.com> wrote:
>
>>  Oops. Forgot to mention that I'll be at OSCON next week. If any of you
>> are around, it would be great to meet up!
>>
>>  On Monday, July 22 at 7:00 pm in room D137/138 I’ll be hosting a
>> jclouds birds of a feather (BoF) session. In this BoF I’ll introduce you to
>> Apache jclouds and what it can do for you.
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 24 at 11:30 am in room E143 I’ll be presenting about
>> multi-cloud toolkits in general, including comparing jclouds with
>> multi-cloud toolkits from other languages such as node.js, Python, and Ruby.
>>
>>  http://blog.phymata.com/2013/07/18/apache-jclouds-at-oscon-2013/
>>
>>  Thanks,
>> Everett
>>

>>  On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:22 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Everett,
>>
>>  Definitely this will going to be very helpful us to develop and test
>> the Stratos. Will take this into PMC list.
>>
>>  thanks
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Everett Toews <
>> everett.toews@rackspace.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Everett from the jclouds team again. You're probably not aware but I'm a
>>> Developer Advocate for Rackspace in addition to being a committer on Apache
>>> jclouds.
>>>
>>> Anyway, we have a program here at Rackspace that gives OSS projects a
>>> free Rackspace Cloud account for development and testing of their project
>>> on our cloud. So I would very much like to extend this offer to the Stratos
>>> project. Naturally jclouds already has such an account. ;) I think you've
>>> got a great project with some great open source potential at Apache and I'd
>>> like to help by giving you these resources.
>>>
>>> In the interests of transparency, we would have some modest asks in
>>> exchange:
>>>
>>> 1: You say thanks to Rackspace somewhere on your site.
>>> 1.1: Preferably add our logo in that thanks.
>>> 2: Blog about your experiences/usages with the service and send us the