stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we need below features in stratos-controller
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 16:54:38 GMT
Hi devs,

On a separate note,

Do we have to use the admin consoles that get shipped with Carbon kernel at
all.. ?
AFAIK, the only usage of UI is in the stratos controller.  Correct me if
I'm wrong...

Even there, the usage is limited (as of now) such as registering
tenants/subscribing to cartridges.

IMHO, what we really need is a stratos-controller webapp that talks to
back-services. That way it is easy to customize/extend. Kernel includes
embedded tomcat instance and that can act as the container.

For an example, right now if you want to SSO enable stratos-controller
console - you have to install carbon SSO authenticators, which is not right
AFAIU...

just a thought.

thanks,
--Pradeep