stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: development environment stratos runtime setup
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:57:10 GMT
Hi Chris,

On Friday, January 3, 2014, chris snow wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I'm working on scripts to create a runtime environment for stratos
> consisting of:
>

>    - 4.0.0 Message Broker Configuration<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Message+Broker+Configuration>
>    - 4.0.0 Load Balancer Configuration<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Load+Balancer+Configuration>
>    - 4.0.0 Cloud Controller Configuration<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Cloud+Controller+Configuration>
>    - 4.0.0 Stratos Controller Configuration<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Stratos+Controller+Configuration>
>    - 4.0.0 AutoScaler Configuration<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+AutoScaler+Configuration>
>    - 4.0.0 Complex Event Processor Configuration<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Complex+Event+Processor+Configuration>
>

> At the moment, I'm unzipping and configuring each of the 6 products to run
> as standalone component, but this seems quite inefficient for a developer
> environment.
>
> Is it possible to deploy all the products together on a single carbon
> runtime?

This should be carefully done and would not be an easy task IMO.

> Does it make sense to deploy all the products together?

For a development setup, it would make sense to minimize the number of
JVMs.

> For a single runtime with all the features, do I just need to copy the
> feature zip files and adapt the instructions on the wiki:
>
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Product+Configuration>

I think the best way is to start from a vanila Carbon runtime and install
the features used in each product.
But I'm afraid this is a time consuming task.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.