stratos-dev mailing list archives

From chris snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject cartridge config.sh -> http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data : 404 Not Found
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:27:53 GMT
When I run config.sh in my spawned instance, I receive 404 errors:

root@ubuntu:~/bin# ./config.sh
This script will install and configure puppet agent, do you want to
continue [y/n]y
--2014-04-19 20:12:49--  http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data
Connecting to 169.254.169.254:80... connected.

The problem is the line:

 ${WGET} http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data -O /tmp/payload/launch-params

The config.sh script ignores the 404, is it ok for me to ignore the
error as well?

If I shouldn't be ignoring the error, should I be passing user-data
when I start my instance?  How should I do this?  What should I pass?

The wiki page [1] doesn't say anything about passing user data.  Should it?

Many thanks,

Chris

---
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Creating+a+Cartridge+on+OpenStack